Part 2: How To Get More Clients
INSPIRED MORE CLIENTS TO SAY “YES”
If you missed Part 1: How To Get More Clients – The 3 F Strategy, click here to grab it. It’s a super simple, no-tech strategy for getting more clients.
Many of you are struggling with how to get clients consistently. Perhaps you also feel like many of your sales conversations are ending with, “I need to think about it.” Or “I just can’t spend the money right now.”
Hearing these things is such a downer! Especially when you really think you can help someone. It can make finding more clients seem like such a mystery.
People readily buy from those that they know, like and trust. If your leads haven’t built a relationship with you over time, chances are that they just can’t get over the hump of spending the money or taking the risk to work with you. They just don’t know you well enough, yet.
Here’s the good news – there is a way to speed up this know, like and trust process – and in turn make the sales process so much easier:
BEING CONSISTENTLY VISIBLE AND SHARING YOUR EXPERTISE!
HERE’S WHAT I MEAN BY BEING VISIBLE:
- You are regularly doing videos on social media channels
- You are posting videos on youtube
- You are posting tips and articles links on social media channels
- You are doing talks and speaking events
- You are doing webinars
- You are doing interviews
- You are sending out a newsletter regularly
- (and so much more…)
In order to hire you people need to see you as the expert. The way you are seen as the expert is by teaching or inspiring. Sharing your expertise. Sharing your stories.
But this process doesn’t work overnight. And it definitely doesn’t work by one or two videos or articles. Normally, it takes at least 6 months of consistent exposure for you to really see the rewards. And year after year it gets easier and easier.
But it’s worth it, right? How awesome would it be to regularly have clients in your sales conversations who say things like, “I saw that video and really loved what you had to say. I’m interested in working with you.”
How much easier would it be if you could just speak to people who already knew you were good at what you do? Who had read your articles and seen your videos and were already fans?
Pretty sweet, right?
It’s all about getting visible and creating a consistent schedule for putting yourself out there to the world. Start with doing a visibility activity daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
So many of you tell me, “But Monica, I don’t have a newsletter list, or I don’t have a lot of people on Facebook, so it’s just not worth it to put myself out there. I just don’t know how to get more clients from these channels.”
I hear you – it can be super frustrating in the beginning when you are putting yourself out there in front of so few people and it doesn’t feel like anyone is paying attention.
Here’s what you need to know – it only takes one! You only need one person to read that newsletter, sign up for a conversation with you, and then become a client. It isn’t about affecting thousands of people at first, it’s about finding the few that respond to your expertise.
And keep in mind that you really have no idea how many people are actually reading and watching your stuff from afar. Open and view rates only give you part of the picture.
“So, Monica, what do I say?” you ask. Good question. Creating content can be tricky, especially if you let your perfectionist mind get the best of you!
HERE’S SOME PLACES WHERE YOU CAN GET IDEAS FOR GOOD CONTENT:
- Make a list of problems that you have heard either on client calls or on sales conversations. You could create a problem/solution post or video from each one.
- Make a list of all the questions your clients have asked you – answer them one at a time in your various content pieces.
- Post on FB – ask people to answer a question: “What are your biggest struggles with _________ (insert your topic)?” Use the answers to some of them with content that you could write, post or do videos on.
- Share your own life stories, realizations and thoughts – your tribe wants to know what you think, how you think and what you are up to in the world.
HERE’S A SIMPLE TEMPLATE TO FOLLOW:
- Describe the problem as it is showing up in your client’s life
- Describe your solution
- Conclude with an uplifting mission, aspiration or hope that you have for your reader
HERE’S YOUR “HOW TO GET MORE CLIENTS” WEEKLY CHALLENGE:
Get visible this week! Share your expertise freely. Don’t let your perfectionist tendencies get the best of you – just get out there and share your wisdom. Do a Facebook post, do a video, do a talk… it’s up to you. Finding more clients can be easier, but only if they can find you!
I would be remiss if I didn’t address the biggest elephant in the room: the fear of being visible. Millions of entrepreneurs struggle with this! Stay tuned – in next week’s article I’ll be addressing this issue directly!
Photo: flickr, Josh Holmes